[Bf-funboard] per-vertex properties

Samo Korosec bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:29:45 +0200

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> First option will take more work and more time. But we've started
> thinking about it. Second option has the advantage of delivering quick
> results, and more customized features for CS users. But - in the end -
> it might become more work to sync the cvs trees. Although I can help
> advising how to do this with a minimum amount of work.

I think the first option would make more sense, since there are quite a
few people interested in having their "own" extenstions to the Blender
data (for game models, levels, etc). Having a fork for each possible 3D
data variation wouldn't make sense in the long term.

Maybe the GameBlender interface style (logic bricks, etc) can be used
for that, connecting different polygons/vertices into logical entities
and assigning custom properties?

have fun
Samo