[Bf-funboard] per-vertex properties

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:20:32 +0200

Hi Gregor,

In the Tracker agenda this is one of the discussion points. We're still =20=

evaluating what would be the best way to do it...

For crystal space, at the bf-committers list, we've discussed this =20
before. My conclusion was that we can do 2 things:

1- design a generic way to extend properties/attributes of Blender =20
data, which can help all integration projects (CS, Yafray, 3Delight, =20
etc)
2- make and maintain a special version ("fork") of a CS-blender

First option will take more work and more time. But we've started =20
thinking about it. Second option has the advantage of delivering quick =20=

results, and more customized features for CS users. But - in the end - =20=

it might become more work to sync the cvs trees. Although I can help =20
advising how to do this with a minimum amount of work.

(check bf-committers list, Thu Jun 12, 2003, Feature Request: =20
Per-polygon properties)

-Ton-

On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 00:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Gregor M=FCckl =20