[Bf-funboard] contraints - a problem.

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:33:58 +0200

Hi,

This is really hard to understand...

> regarding
> the replacement of current parenting with "ADD
> Loc/Rot/Size" constraints.

I don't know who proposed this, or gave a defition of how it works?

Anyhoo, there's something different going we've overlooked a bit... and
that's that APART from constraints, also the execution order of
transformations matter.

This is what 'hierarchy' does, it moves one object into the coordinate
space of another. That's it. Apart from constraining actions.

But, in theory it could be possible to implement a "loc rot size"
constraint with settings that exactly mimic what Parenting does. Just a
load of buttons extra to define "pre mul" or "post mul" transformations.

Still thinking it over though... :-)

-Ton-