[Bf-funboard] contraints - a problem.

Jonathan Bartlett bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 06:47:53 -0700 (PDT)

> the replacement of current parenting with "ADD
> Loc/Rot/Size" constraints. unfortunately, i don't have
> FTP access at the moment and can't post diagrams, so
> you'll have bear with me while i try to explain.

I don't think this is actually an issue.  What you have, instead of
inheriting Loc/Rot/Size, you have "constrain to coordinate system", which
would have the effect of any movements of OBJ_B be within the coordinate
system defined as the location/rotation of OBJ_A.  So, it's not inheriting
OBJ_A's properties, it's inheriting the coordinate system defined by
OBJ_A.

There may be small gotchas in relation to this, such as what happens when
the centerpoint of OBJ_A changes.

Jon