[Bf-funboard] "Keep Hidden" and "Make Pose Real" feature suggestion

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:28:56 -0300 (ART)

Hi, I would like to make a couple of feature
suggestions I have already commented with Hos.

First, very simple (I think): a "Keep Hidden" button
or anything, for vertices. It's not the usual "Hide"
but something that keep a vertex hidden when
leaving/entering  Edit Mode. It would be very helpful
when modeling using a background pic. When doing this,
front/back vertices interfere with the image we're
trying to use as a reference, and it's comfortable to
hide the opposites vertices.
But if for any reason we have to leave Edit Mode, we
have to do all the select and hide vertices again, and
sometimes it could be very time conssuming. If I could
keep the state of the vertices until further notice it
would be great.

Second, maybe not so simple but who knows...: a "Make
Pose Real" key combination that do the following:
creates a new mesh with the exact pose a rigged mesh
is posing. Think about it like a "Make Duplis Real"
sort of thing.

Why ? Well, if you want to apply an effect to a mesh,
for instance a Wave Effect, you cannot apply it if the
mesh is already parented to an armature. This way you
could apply it to a frame by frame duplicate and then
compose the animation.
Otherwise, it could be done by transforming the WAVE
effect into RVK curves, which cannot be done either
right now.

Well what do you think ?

Cheers.

malefico

Internet GRATIS es Yahoo! Conexión
4004-1010 desde Buenos Aires. Usuario: yahoo; contraseña: yahoo
Más ciudades: http://conexion.yahoo.com.ar