[Bf-funboard] SMIL open standard for EDL edit decision list

Zeljko Blace bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 13:50:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!
I think it would be fantastic if Blender would be able to export
EditDecisionList (project file that describes the scenes, video, audio and
their relations in rendering video) as SMIL
(see:http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-smil20-20010807/). By doing this it
would become a really good tool to produce slide-show and mixed media
presentations...maybe even for future streaming features! Blender could be
"theoreticly" than used as only free cross-platform multimedia player that
supports free video and audio codecs + 3D!

A number of free/open source video packages as standardising on this
(Cinarella and Kino being first)...
and there is already python based project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/smilgen/) that could be cleaned up from
Tk and replaced with GHOST lib... but anyway that is my 5 cents!

I posted this to web forum so maybe this discussion should better be there
(Open for Google scanning and potential SMIL/Python developer as
refernce)?

http://projects.blender.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=177&forum_id=92

                    .plan as a mission