[Bf-funboard] Axiomatic definition of Blender: or "Back to Basics"

Karim Nassar bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:47:38 -0400

Hi all,

Sorry if this is too theoretical for this forum, but...

I'm relatively new to blender, but not to 3d apps or to multi-developer
(open-authorship) projects, nor to product and user interface design (my
degree). I've worked on enough of these to know that a powerful tool for
the author-community is a comprehensive and detailed "bible" that
constructs the totality of the project from basic elements.

like to suggest constructing an axiomatic formal definition of Blender.
It would start with obvious "duh" concepts and progress to more
complicated concepts, and would cover everything from 3D modeling theory
to interface layout.

Since complex concepts are axioms of simpler ones, this creates an
evolving definition of all things in or added to Blender while ensuring
that all concepts and features are internally consistent, and provide a
living reference for developers as well as potentially forming the basis
for comprehensive user documentation.

--Karim