[Bf-funboard] Re: Hi! & new Python link event

Roland Hess bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:00:01 -0400

Carlos said:
>I'm a Python scripter, and I've seen the posibility to create, for example,
>scripts for geometry modifying only during the render state. Such as a
>fractal subdivide from a simple mesh, or give the posibility to a real
>displacement mapping, and so. For that I suggest an adicional event for
>linking python scripts: where there're only "FrameChanged", "Redraw" and
>perhaps "OnLoad", add an event called "OnRender" to execute Python then.

If we had something like this, added with the new curves module for
the python api, render-time curves-based hair generation would be a
possibility. Which, of course, would rule. Just think if RipSting's
fiber generator could be reworked to average the nearest x curves in
a group to achieve combing effects, then generated curves at render
time, instead of polys saved in your file ahead of time!
--
Roland Hess
harkyman