[Bf-funboard] Select Mode Proposal

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:05:51 +0100

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:04:57AM -0600, Johnny Matthews wrote:
> I have put up a proposal for selection mode management at

http://216.125.72.236/selectprop/

Alternative proposal:

Selection filters

Filters that allow, when activated, selection of:
- vertices
- edges
- faces
(- geometry objects, would require change from object-/editmode concept and
would in some way override the others, because of the resulting active
area.)
- lattices
- empties
- armatures
- lamps
- cameras

Maybe some of these should be combined, like lattices, empties and armatures.

Filters are not exclusive. All selectable items should be highlighted
on mouse-over (it's currently hard sometimes to be sure which vertex
you are going to select by clicking). Of course this requires a
sophisticated handling of hot-areas, if several filters are active.

There could be a special filter allowing loop selection. It would work
on edges and/or faces according to their filters setting.

I wanted to develop this a little bit further before posting, but because
of this other proposal ...

Feedback, please!

---
Thorsten