[Bf-funboard] Re: two small and useful RFEs ... (OOPS labels, drawing snap)

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:35:44 +0100

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:48:19AM -0500, Karim Nassar wrote:

> >>1)
> >>please look:
> >>
> >>http://absurd.kozicki.pl:8435/blender/mockup/titles.png
>
> A good Idea, I think. Thorsten & a few of us have gone back and forth a
> bit on Object management, and touched on the OOPS inspector. This idea
> would be a worthy addition to that discussion, I think.
>
> Thorsten, Care to add to the ongoing journal?

Mmh, Annotations/Labels in OOPS schematic? Not this year ;-)

> >>2)
> >>and second RFE (no mockup, I don't know how to make mockup for this,
> >>even if this is possible?).
> >>
> >>I asked on #blenderchat if I can set a drawing snap, and I've been told
> >>there is a snap for: grab, rotate, and size (in the upper pull-down menu
> >>;)
>
> IMHO, (and coming from a CAD background myself), design-time geometry
> constraints is an area that needs a good looking-at in blender. There
> have been a number of disparate notions on what is needed/usefull.
> Perhaps its time that we took a concerted look at it. I have some
> notions that I'd like to write-up, and I'll get a post together on the
> topic.
>
> --Karim

We should see if current constraints, dimensioning, relative positioning
and maybe even snap (to grid, vertice, whatever) could be integrated into
one single concept. I mean it's always about relations and constraining
in 3d space.

---
Thorsten