[Bf-funboard] Re: two small and useful RFEs ... (OOPS labels, drawing snap)

Karim Nassar bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:48:19 -0500

>> 1)
>> please look:
>>
>> http://absurd.kozicki.pl:8435/blender/mockup/titles.png

A good Idea, I think. Thorsten & a few of us have gone back and forth a
bit on Object management, and touched on the OOPS inspector. This idea
would be a worthy addition to that discussion, I think.

Thorsten, Care to add to the ongoing journal?

>> 2)
>> and second RFE (no mockup, I don't know how to make mockup for this,
>> even if this is possible?).
>>
>> I asked on #blenderchat if I can set a drawing snap, and I've been told
>> there is a snap for: grab, rotate, and size (in the upper pull-down menu ;)

IMHO, (and coming from a CAD background myself), design-time geometry
constraints is an area that needs a good looking-at in blender. There
have been a number of disparate notions on what is needed/usefull.
Perhaps its time that we took a concerted look at it. I have some
notions that I'd like to write-up, and I'll get a post together on the
topic.

--Karim