[Bf-funboard] Blender CVS: Mirror Transp vs Raytrace

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:02:07 +0100

Hi!

I noticed that "Raytrace" in the material buttons was recently
changed to "Mirror Transp".
Well, I guess it's supposed to be better for people not familiar
with 3d vocabulary.
But it's too long, even with the second word cut of.
With "Raytrace" or maybe "Raytracing" there's a connection
to "RayMirror" and "RayTransp", the explanation in the tooltips
and most important the button from render buttons.

Avoiding special terminology when there are simple words
might be good thing. But it would have to happen consequently.
And I think people knowing nothing about raytracing will have
a hard time. But to people who know about it, the term
"Raytracing" as a label transports more information than
"Mirror Transp".

Please change it back!

---
Thorsten