[Bf-funboard] Zbuffer output

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:39:18 -0500

On Dec 18, 2003, at 13:29, Roland Hess wrote:

> Controls: toggle for zbuffer output in Render Buttons. This could
> replace the little used "BW" button, or an additional "Z" or "RGBZ"
> button could be added. Zbuffer output would be generated to all image
> formats that support one channel information.  RGBZ would be generated
> to targa format and others that support more than three channels.

I'll second this request! As for interface, I'd add a "Z" button, as
multichannel formats (Targa foremost, or Photoshop) might go so high as
RGBAZ... or you might JUST want Z.

In addition to this, my request from earlier...

Please add a button, or perhaps even a pop-up, to permit output of more
than 8 bits per channel. I understand that Blender's rendering engine
works at much higher bit depth and has to downsample for an 8 bpc
image... please give us the option to have 16 or even 32(!) bits saved
in each channel!

These features support high-end composition, and I would love to see
them in the pipeline!

-Bischofftep