[Bf-funboard] Replacing OB, SCE, IP, etc, with icons

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:27:18 +0100

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 03:36:56PM +0100, William Reynish wrote:

> >No dropdown, please! I think there should be real
> >tabs
> >_above_ the tree. The 3 modes are like headlines, so
> >they should come first.
>
> Yeah I though of this. But you know in the 3D window
> you could say the Mode seletor should be at the top.
> It needs to be consistant to a certain degree. ANd
> anyway, you can move the header to the top manually
> should you want to.

Somehow I didn't think about the header and its functionality
across windowtypes. I imagined tabs inside the actual window
area.

> >> Basicly it could work like the XSI layers system
> >which
> >> is very simple to use but also extremely powerful.
> >> Here is a screen showing the XSI layers system:
> >> http://www.shadeless.dk/ui/layers_xsi.jpg
> >
> >Do they offer any shortcuts?
>
> Not that I know of. How would shortcuts work in a
> layers system? Are you talking about using M for move
> layer? Because this could easily be done with a new
> system I think.

Yes, M and the numberkeys. It's strange you wonder how
shortcuts in layer system are supposed to work with
the 20+ shortcuts used in Blender. Do you propose
to drop that (and the 20 buttons)?

---
Thorsten