[Bf-funboard] Replacing OB, SCE, IP, etc, with icons

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:54:07 +1000

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~wenke/blender/TypeIcons.png
I also reduced the sizes of the textboxes in the main header (since it saves
some space though I guess it makes things look a bit too crowded).
I tried to make the icons fairly subtle but they are still probably a bit
too distracting. It saves about 1 character compared to the old 3 character
wide abbreviations SCR and SCE.
A major problem is that icons can end up looking bad when reduced (see the
texture icon). If proper resampling is done during the resize and a large
source icon was used, that would improve things.

Well since I did that mockup the idea seems quite a bit less attractive.
Though it would be good if abbreviations like "IP" (for keyframed animation
that isn't necessarily interpolated) could disappear somehow...
- Luke.