[Bf-funboard] Scaling Spotlights

Alexander Ewering bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:22:48 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Robert Wenzlaff wrote:

> On Friday 05 December 2003 07:18, Martin Poirier wrote:
> > Yes, and like I said in the very same conversation,
> > the Dist setting is NOT used for spots, unless you
> > turn ON the Sphere option. But why would you do that
> > when you can use the clip sta and clip end value?
>
> This is wrong.  The dist setting IS used to determine how fast a spot's energy
> falls off.

A lot of strange things have been said in this discussion,
the strangest of all that the "Dist" value wouldn't be used
for spots.

Of course it is used, and it determines the "half-energy" distance
of a spot - same as for all other lamp types.

Surprising how long-term users are unaware of the most basic aspects
of Blender!