[Bf-funboard] Scaling Spotlights

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:37:26 -0500

Hello:

A recent discussion on elYsiun revealed that scaling a spot changes the
apparent size of the drawn "dist cone" but does NOT actually change the
"dist" value.

One of these situations should exist IMO:
1) Scaling the spot scales ALL values (clipsta clipend dist and visual
representation)
2) Scaling the spot scales visual representation only

IMO, the only situation where someone would wish to scale a spot is if
they are changing the scale of an entire scene... something I recently
had to do when I was building an object that was over 200 blender units
wide when I finished with it. I scaled the whole thing down... and MANY
settings did not "hold."

In specific, though, the settings on the spotlights are what I'm
addressing here.

-Bischofftep