[Bf-funboard] Layer Manager proposal/mock-up

Landis Fields bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 17:15:34 -0000

Ton,

Hmmmm. Where do I begin. In case some of you didnt know, I am an avid
Photoshop user. I am VERY fond of how they chose to tackle layers. I havent
payed very much attention to the discussions on this topic but one thing I
like is the fact that you mentioned a hierarchal appraoch. Some type of
nesting capabilities, not neccessarily how photoshop does it (with folders),
but that would be nice if it could be done. Just an idea. Also, when is the
layer naming feature going to be introduced because I know that you guys have
had that on your list for a while. I assume that you were probably just going
to wait and impliment that when you decide on what type of layer system you
are going to go with....good idea. Anyways, take care and keep up the good
work.

Cheers,
Landis