[Bf-funboard] File Browser proposal

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:50:24 +1000

Hi,
I think it should be "New Folder" not "New Directory" since the folder
metaphor is used (there are folder icons) and many users would be used to
the name "folder" rather than "directory".

"Separate" is spelt like this (one E, two A's). I think it could be turned
into a single toggle button called "Combine Img Seq" or something. If it is
an icon then it could look like a horizontal rectangle made up of joined
squares. When you toggle it the squares could separate. (Or it could just
toggle between being darker and lighter like normal toggle buttons). I think
there should also be a button for showing blend1, blend2, etc, files as said
earlier. This could be done using an icon. Maybe the icon for the blend
backups could replace the orange with green or something. Then there could
be a button that has the same icon (green, etc) and maybe a magnifying glass
or a tick or a cross next to or on top of that icon... so when you click on
it it hides or shows the blend backup files. (The tooltip would explain the
icon)
- Luke.