[Bf-funboard] material RGB values in 0-255 format

Roel Spruit bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:46:06 +0200

instead of replacing the current values, we can put decimal values in the
N-key menu just like the hex values

Roel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: bf-funboard-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-funboard-admin@blender.org]Namens Douglas Bischoff
Verzonden: vrijdag 29 augustus 2003 15:34
Aan: bf-funboard@blender.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Bf-funboard] material RGB values in 0-255 format

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 09:30 AM, malefico andauer wrote:

> I guess this must have been requested before, but
> maybe forgotten. It would be very comfortable that the
> classical 0-255 format for RGB values were indicated
> in teh material buttons, maybe next to the normalized
> value (or even replace it ;-) ). This way I won't have
> to make the calculations myself everytime I want to
> match a colour from Gimp (or whatever).
>
> It couldn't be too hard to include this in 2.29, right

I wrote this into Blender as a test, and while it did work it was
somewhat confusing to new users. What was suggested at that time (which
is, alas, beyond my coding ability) was an option button in the User
Preferences pane which would permit toggling back & forth between
decimal (Far more precise) and RGB (the standard for most other
programs) for those values dealing with color.

This might be a good proposal!

-Bish