[Bf-funboard] Features for testing and critics / Num-Entry

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:33:52 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:13:34AM +0200, Fabrizio Cali wrote:
> From: "Thorsten Wilms" <t_w_@freenet.de>
> > > I don't think that would be a good idea, since it
> > > wouldn't reflect the current resizing of the object
> > > (which is 1, for none).
> >
> > But I don't think anybody would have a problem with no value
> > meaning no scaling.
>
> I think Martin's method makes more sense.
> 1= 100%,
> Scaling by 0.5 = scaling by half: 50%.
> Scaling by 2 = double: 200%.
>
> If you start from 0 what would these value's be?

Nothing would change about those values.

It was about the value displayed, after clearing the entry per
backspaces. The initial value would still be "1". When you than
start scaling and numerical entry with the first number you enter,
than hit backspace two times, nothing should be left. Because else,
you can have a value of "1" meaning no entry or an entry of truly "1".
Entering another number like "4" results in "4" or "14". Two diferent
states should never be displayed as equal!

---
Thorsten