[Bf-funboard] Buttons & layout

Gregor Mückl bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:18:39 +0200

Hi!

Although such a tree view is a really nice widget for GUI design, it is wrong
to introduce it in blender, because the space that gets eaten up by such a
widget is unfortunately rather big. I think you would end up creating new
windows or even real dialogues to gain the required screen space.

Blender already a lot of window types. Making that popup-menu longer won't
solve any problems. Neither won't creating real dialogues.

I sure hope I miss an option here, because I actually believe that these could
be a good addition to the UI (except for the surprisingly big coding effort
that every GUI toolkit requires for these widgets).

Regards,
Gregor