[Bf-funboard] Expanding the menus

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 15:13:27 +1000

> I'd also suggest putting Undo in the top level Edit menu, since most
people
> expect it to be there. Well, I did, anyway. :-)

But it's not the same kind of Undo that people expect. It needs to be
organised according to its function - something specific to editmode. It's
not a 'global' undo that you can use to (eg.) undo moving or adding an
object, so putting it in the top-level, generalised Edit menu would make it
seem like a high-level, global thing, which would be misleading and
frustrate users - "It says Undo, but it doesn't work!!"