[Bf-education] Terminating the Certified Trainer program...

Carlos Santana csantanad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:01:12 CEST 2019

Hello there

I have been for many years outspoken about the fact that certifications
should be extremely more widely available than they are right now

Like any other certification from CCNA to brain surgeon, the important
thing it to licence to institutions, not individuals, it is then the
institutions turn to uphold the quality of the certifiable persons
acumen in the field.

Under this scheme, Blender foundation remains the sole giver of
certifications, but it does so to accredited institutes and universities,
not individuals.

I have already gone all the way to Amsterdam and talked with a few of the
people involved in the main teachers effort, and have already laid out a
plan of action to implement such a scheme in the light of the actual
CG-FX-Studio interest in the talent Blender attracts.

I could turn this into a solid certification path that is direly required
in order to keep lowering barrier for the large scale adoption of blender
in the other visual fields not related to the entertainment industry.

In turn the entertainment industry sure wold love it if we gave them some
tools to remove the guesswork out of hiring Blender bound talent.

There is an alternative, are there people willing to accept it has been my
question in the last 7 or so years

Regards,
Carlos