[Bf-education] education meeting at bconf

Pierre Schiller 3dcinetv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:35:59 CET 2018

I just finished watching what the bf-education list interests manifested in
the Blender conference. Such awesome meeting. Such valuable points of views.

I've developed 2 application templates. One for sculpting and another one
to suit repetitive task related modeling things.
But I´m really interested in the same aspect as most of you: To hide the
majority of the panels and buttons that are not going
to be of immediate use to some sitting in front of Blender for the first
time.

I´ve looked at the code; the developers mentioned (months ago) that it will
be possible to hide some things with css, but
in reality I don´t see it possible. As it is not possible to "move" things
around the user interface. Taking in acquaintance that
Blender 2.8 is settling it´s basic interface, I´d say project templates
(completion) are still far ahead.

I´ve reached this:
https://developer.blender.org/source/bf-app-templates/browse/trunk/

But I´ve never seen it work. Or in action.

I guess that it´s a step forward if we could arrange (agree) on the first
basic things the UI needs to have -only- for the first time user.
Or somehow a simplified method (training wheels) of a walk-through
sequential "start in blender" thing. I proposed that to the developers
long ago.

Let me know what you think about these proposals.
Thanks.

Best regards.

David Rivera.
https://www.blendernetwork.org/david-rivera