[Bf-education] education meeting at bconf

Monique Dewanchand m.dewanchand at atmind.nl
Tue Oct 23 13:19:47 CEST 2018

Hi Rik,

That is very interesting! I'm teaching to kids aged 10 - 16. Mostly
modelling, animation and some game development (games are very popular). I
do let them use the Blender interface as my students easily forget the
shortcuts (except for G, S and R).
The tutorials are on b3d101.org.
You can see some of the kids work on the forum: forum.b3d101.org.

I haven't tried teaching sculpting to these kids yet but would love to.
Where do you start? And what models do you have them create first?

I do see some challenges when switching to blender 2.8. Not necessarily for
sculpting.
For example, there is no default tool selected, and changing colors doesn't
reflect in the viewport unless you select LookDev.

Kind regards,
Monique