[Bf-education] how to catch cheaters in a class?

Piotr Arłukowicz piotao at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:14:31 CEST 2017

Hi all,
is there any way for a teacher to tell whether or not some files in the
class, which were collected from an assignment, are copied from the same
person or were created on the same computer?

I have classes and I have collected quite a few blend files to check. They
are similar in few areas, so I'm unsure if they were created by different
persons.

To solve this problem Julian wrote a small patch few years ago which stored
a random number inside blend file (so I could at least tell if somebody
copied somebody's else work and modified it slightly), but unfortunately
I've got a bunch of files made in just an ordinary, brand blender release
2.78.
Files from students are suspiciously similar (for example a manipulator is
often set to rotate, not translate).

So, is there ANY way to tell?
If not, it could be a good idea to introduce just a random number or
microsecond stored when file is created and then never changed. This small
thing could make life easier and could also detects nasty cheating, which,
unfortunately happens too often in some countries :(

anybody?

regards
pio

pz