[Bf-education] 3Dami films 2017

Peter Kemp peterejkemp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:36:11 CEST 2017

Dear All,

We've just finished the 8th 3Dami film school. 3Dami is a computing camp
where we mix computer science, art and media. With a healthy dose of
computational thinking. UCL again provided the location and access to a
500+ node render farm, we were supported by the creative skillset and Pixar
(who donated some renderman licenses!). Everything made by the students
aged 11-18 in 7 days (except for some sounds and textures)

The films are here:
Life of Pingi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmK5AYFh3Do
Render Farm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N9s3fBF10U
Shape Off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39WRy-D-NUQ

If you tweet check out @3Dami
Many of the students on this course used the: b3d101.org
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fb3d101.org&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHFlAQU1FVf0IWgWSDC4F5y2SZymA>
tutorials
to get started.  You can read more about our course here:
http://www.3dami.org.uk/?page_id=1345

All the best
Pete