[Bf-education] Blender 101

Mike Pan mike.c.pan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:04:47 CET 2016

Hi Tom, Pete,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. You brought up some great
points which I won't try to address one by one at this point. But in short:

- The software is only part of the equation, I too think it's important to
build more support for educators in the form of official course materials,
an asset/rendering platform. An education liaison to fully engage the
community is a must.

- It is not decided yet if we want to release blender 101 as a separate
download or not. If it's different enough, I am inclined to think a
separate download is the way to go (since it might be a significantly
bigger download if we include an asset pack). But regardless, 101 will be
simplified in a way that it will be trivial for people to adopt the full
version.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I may use some of what's written
in my proposal, which will be public. Is that okay with you two?

Mike