[Bf-education] Blender 101

Mike Pan mike.c.pan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:22:38 CET 2016

Hi all,

For those of you who don't know me, I am working for the Blender Foundation
on something called Blender 101. What is Blender 101? Glad you asked!

   - Blender 101 will be a release-compatible build of Blender
   (reads/writes the same blend files)
   - 1 build with several UIs optimized for different use cases
   - Target audience are 3D beginners (students and casual content creators)
   - UX controls will be compatible with Blender 2.8 (minimal relearning
   when user transitions to the full version)
   - Goal is to simplify the interface, but not restrict user experiences

My process:

   - Gather feedback from Blender community
   - Gather feedback from local (Canadian) schools where Blender is taught
   - Research industry leaders/competitors
   - Understand the need of the 3D printing industry (Funder is Aleph)
   - Create and publish proposal by end of year.
   - Will continually publish my work on the my wiki
   <https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:mpan3> as well other online
   venues.

The project has just started and I am in the information gathering phase,
so *I would love to hear from you! If you can share your experience
teaching Blender, that would help this project immensely. * So please allow
me to to pick your brain.   Any and all feedbacks are welcomed!

Thanks,

Mike