[Bf-education] Blender 101
mike.c.pan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:22:38 CET 2016
For those of you who don't know me, I am working for the Blender Foundation
on something called Blender 101. What is Blender 101? Glad you asked!
- Blender 101 will be a release-compatible build of Blender
(reads/writes the same blend files)
- 1 build with several UIs optimized for different use cases
- Target audience are 3D beginners (students and casual content creators)
- UX controls will be compatible with Blender 2.8 (minimal relearning
when user transitions to the full version)
- Goal is to simplify the interface, but not restrict user experiences
- Gather feedback from Blender community
- Gather feedback from local (Canadian) schools where Blender is taught
- Research industry leaders/competitors
- Understand the need of the 3D printing industry (Funder is Aleph)
- Create and publish proposal by end of year.
- Will continually publish my work on the my wiki
<https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:mpan3> as well other online
The project has just started and I am in the information gathering phase,
so *I would love to hear from you! If you can share your experience
teaching Blender, that would help this project immensely. * So please allow
me to to pick your brain. Any and all feedbacks are welcomed!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bf-education