[Bf-education] short intro to blender

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:25:39 CET 2015

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 4:30 AM, leung, ann [SD] <ann.leung at polyu.edu.hk>
wrote:

> My students will participate in a 3D printing competition so they will
> create any kind of artifacts and it's really up to them to decide what they
> want to do.
>

> After two to three classes, some get fascinated by 3D modeling and asked
> lots of questions about their ideas while half of them (there're in total
> 50 students from 3 different schools) were having fun with Blender. The
> competition will take place in May so plenty of time.
>

> Guess they should be excited to see other students from around the world
> using Blender to create animation ... am thinking of such workshop in next
> move
>

> Wish you all Happy New Year!
>
> [image: &#X1f60a]nn

I would love to know specifically what they ask, what are their questions?
What sort of things do they want to model? Do have a top 10 list?

BTW it is possible to start with animation. Sometimes I think that might be
the way to go. Start with a 3 minute animated story. Download all your
models from Blender Swap and just jump into stop motion animation assisted
by blender.

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.