[Bf-education] 3Dami summer school

Peter Kemp peterejkemp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 21:50:22 CEST 2015

Dear All,

Our England based 3D animation summer school, 3Dami <http://3dami.org/>,
has finished. We had 44 students aged 13 - 18 working in mini film studios
for 7 days and creating 5 films.  All work that you see is theirs (except
for some textures and the sound.) Only one student had any formal training.
We've been partnering with Universities and managed to get a 500 node
render farm at UCL and a 177 node render farm in Bath

UCL films: http://www.3dami.org.uk/?page_id=1104
University of Bath Films: http://www.3dami.org.uk/?page_id=1124

We're trying to prove the point that you don't need to dumb down the
software for younger students.

If anyone is interested in running a 3Dami at their uni, get in touch!
Pete