[Bf-education] Blender conference and curriculum

Douglas Sutherland dsutherland10 at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 31 10:36:45 CET 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have enjoyed watching all of the conference presentations this weekend. I
was really looking forward to the education talk and I am looking for where
the guys in the audience are having their discussion. I am a primary school
teacher in Australia, I have had growing success with Blender and have a few
ideas on where the best place to start with very young Blender users. I
think that although Blender has many different facets there are some core
skills and knowledge that effect nearly all aspects of the program. I have
also found that there are some definite no nos when starting kids off with
Blender many I have committed and in doing so killed a lot of the kids
motivation through frustration. This is entirely the fault of the teacher
(me) not the program but I began to think after the conference talk that if
I had a curriculum to work to as I do for math, science etc. I could have
avoid these pitfalls. I applaud all the speakers for their work in blender
education, I now extra ideas for projects and I am humbled by the guys who
run the free not for profit course. I was perhaps most fascinated by the
audience contributions and would like to participate in a discussion like
this. So if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very
grateful.

Kind Regards,

Doug Sutherland