[Bf-education] STEM Educator Seeks "Blender In The Bay"

lhall at 3ddesigncreations.com lhall at 3ddesigncreations.com
Thu May 2 17:57:19 CEST 2013

Hello Rafiki,

  My name is Layne Hall and I am not a Cert. Blender Trainer, however
I do use Blender professionally 100%. Mainly modeling some animation
etc. I do live a few hours north of you Grass Valley Ca. and might be
able to give you some face time. I do not know everything (not even
close) about the software but I might be able to get you started. I
picked up Blender about 3 years ago and spent a 2 years (thank God for
my wife's awesome job) doing nothing but learning the program and the
basics of modeling, animation and rigging, materials-textures, UV
mapping, topology, basic particle systems and Blender physics hard
body soft body etc, and more.

Like others have said there are 100s of tutorials out there, most of
them are great and will teach you something no matter what version was
used to make the tutorial.

There is an advantage to face to face learning especially for a
beginner and because Blender has been great to me for the past 8
months I would be willing to help a future BH if our schedules and
time allows.

Peace...Layne