[Bf-education] Blender College - accreditation without instructors/teachers

Andrew Buttery & mkab at pacific.net.au
Mon Dec 23 01:56:15 CET 2013

Hi James,

FYI: In Australia, in vocational education (i.e. workplace focused,
generally lower than a degree), there is a concept of Recognition of Prior
Learning, whereby there may be no training/instruction delivered and the
candidate provides a evidence folder based on an agreed criteria.

However, the candidate is assessed by a qualified individual who is employed
by a registered training organisation (RTO) and the assessment itself may be
subject to review and audit by an external regulator. RTOs must ensure their
standards are high or they can be deregistered (there goes the business!).

This robust process and regulation ensures that candidates that have
achieved accreditation really do have the necessary knowledge and skills to
support their qualification.

	- andrew

Blender Training
www.blendertraining.com
em: contact at blendertraining.com
sm: 4 Gatehouse Lane, Albert Park, 3206, Australia
m: +61 0402 459 003

Message: 1