[Bf-education] Blender user certification

Piotr Arlukowicz piotao at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:20:45 CET 2013

Hello, Nick Van den Broeck, greetings!

I also would like to get to the point the discussion was over last time. I
have the feeling that there are some 'cases' which are briefly discussed at
this list, but no clue is ever achieved. For the last year or two there
were several subjects which just died silently (i.e. my question about BFCT
logo).

So, to let this not die as usual, I volunteer myself to organize the
subject and finally put the collected summary of discussions to the WIKI
for example. Maybe it requires something more, but WIKI can be easily
modified by everybody and we can just prepare there some things. And it
already exists. I've did some WIKI edits for "feature films" rush recently
also mentioned at this list (but it was not needed for that). Of course, if
you agree and there will be a will to get to some point.

Speaking of the tests, we can definitely share our experience what is good
task for students for learn/try and for exam/grade. I am usually giving a
bit complex tasks for learning that for exams. So, here are some questions
to think of:

1. We should collect good examples of tasks which both require specific
knowledge and can be easily judged and graded by the teacher. Some examples
I gave already and I can elaborate about this more with examples of good
and bad solutions.

2. We can make a list for different subjects of that tasks. They can be our
'proposal of requirements' for good task system for grading.

3. Somebody from BF could approve this or reject and we can finally have
good set of 'official tasks' or we'll have nothing as it is now.

But the grading system performed by different schools in different courses
do not need to involve Blender Foundation at all. I don't think BF will
sign every paper or justify thousands of exams passed with such 'official'
tests. But we can create such set just to help a bit with standardize
Education at least a bit.

pz
piotr
--