[Bf-education] STEM Educator Seeks "Blender In The Bay"

Rafiki Cai | Technologist-In-Residence rcai3 at usfca.edu
Tue Apr 30 21:56:04 CEST 2013

Blessings and Peace:

I am a technologist and educator, tasked with exposing first generation
college applicants to the possibilities inside of Science, Technology,
Engineering and
Math (STEM).

Video has become such a digital capital these days, from a number of
perspectives.
I'd like to incorporate video into my Web Application Development seminar
this summer, even though I have no strength in video and media arts.

What would I like to accomplish visa vi Blender?

1) showcase the dynamics of Open Source culture (i.e., creative crowd
sourcing)

2) basic exposure to Blender (to the point of building background elements
for green screen video footage)

------

Bay Area Blender Masters, I need you.  I need you to school me on Blender:
a train the trainer sort of thing.  (I'm thinking mostly virtually so, with
some face-to-face meets- if possible.)

I searched for a Blender Meet-Up in the Bay Area but found none.  Thus, I'm
turning to this list.

Looking forward to responses.

In Service of THE ONENESS,
Rafiki "The Digital Doctor" Cai