[Bf-education] blender -edu conf...

Blasgund Brian Brian.Blasgund at polytechnic.wa.edu.au
Mon Nov 5 00:52:44 CET 2012

Hi all,

I agree with Peter G Kovacs though I lecturer to college students not 10 yr old's any application can seem daunting when first viewed, It only takes a few weeks for my students to become comfortable with blender some having never touched 3D software before.

I teach basic tasks and techniques introducing more features as I go I also point them to the copious online material, the ones that are serious about entering the industry will immerse themselves in self study and the atmosphere within the studio is very collaborative some very advanced techniques are passed on from student to student.

Directed exercises demonstration with them following along showing techniques and checking their process is a fast way for them to become familiar with the interface, after a few exercises they are producing good work combining the techniques they have picked up.

Mind you allow the 10 year old's to immerse themselves in the blender environment can only be good for the future of our industry if you think by the time they are 20 that's 10 years experience...

Regards
Brian Blasgund
Lecturer IT/Multimedia
Midland Campus