[Bf-education] Blender's great weakness.. and the solution!

Matt Howarth - Puppetman Productions matt.howarth at puppetman.net
Sun Nov 4 21:13:56 CET 2012

Hi all,

I was just in the process of looking into creating custom front ends for Blender when this thread started. In my opinion there is a need for such things even in the commercial world.

I have always been a jack of all trades animator, so for me, I need to know any package as well as I can, that said, I’m still at the early stages of learning Blender myself. I’m currently teaching some people to do some very specific things in Blender and I think a custom made front end would be a good way to minimise confusion. The wonderfully complex and awesome Blender would be there if anyone decided to dare to peek behind the curtain, but for those who just want to do that one thing, there’s an easy front end that only does that and nothing else.

A way to build such a front end would be a great addition I think.

Just my 2p

cheers

Matt: )

Matt Howarth - Director
Puppetman Productions Ltd.
Animation - Video - Visualization - Digital FX
mob - 44 (0)777 357 0758
email - matt.howarth at puppetman.net
Animator in Residence
Dean Clough - Halifax

Please visit the Puppetman web site at www.puppetman.net
or view our education blog at www.puppetmaneducation.blogspot.com
Please note that Puppetman Productions does not
warrant that any attachments are free from viruses or other defects
and accepts no liability for any losses resulting from infected email
transmissions.
If you have received this email in error, please notify
info at puppetman.net