[Bf-education] Bf-education Digest, Vol 77, Issue 4

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 16:58:49 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Peter Romero <PRomero at boscotech.edu> wrote:
> Hi Debi,
>
>     You said you have introduced Blender to both the elementary to high school for gaming.  Is this a course run by a school district or is it a private business?
>
>     Gaming is sort of frowned in my neck of the woods but I see it also as a way to develop simulations and virtual worlds.  I would be interested in seeing what your students have developed.  Is anything posted on a website?
>
>     Since my students work on productions I thought adding props made in Blender could be composited into a scene, like a mat painting.  Right now, my students are learning the basic navigation and editing tools on how to model.  After the Easter break, they will start working on their character, which will be animated to walk and then composited it into a piece of video footage.  Hopefully, we will have time so that I can demonstrate about shadows and lighting to make the character look part of the video.
>

> Peter Romero, Dept. Chair
> Media Arts & Technology
> promero at boscotech.edu
> Office: 626.940.2042
>
> "I am not a teacher, but an awakener"  Robert Frost

Will you guys please trim your emails! It is really hard to find the
next comment when the email is 10 pages long. Thanks.

I think any teacher that avoids playing is really missing the whole
point of play. It is natures tool to help youngsters learn. It is fun
and the fastest way to learn. Computer games can abuse this but in a
school with a good teacher there is nothing better! What better way to
teach a teenager than to ask him to animate or program is favorite
game character or game and then teach him how?

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: