[Bf-education] Ice Breaker

jentzen mooney jentzenskills at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 21:40:45 CET 2011

Who am I?
My name is Jentzen Mooney. I am new to the list.
I am very interested in teaching, documentation, tutorials and training.

I spent the last 7 years in Los Angeles working on CG features, VFXs, Stereo and Games. A lot of my work was in Technical Art tools an scripting and workflows and Pipeline / Asset Management using MVC frameworks(mostly python and django) Some QT here and there for standalone tools. Before this I was Softimage Certified instructor and trainer at Mesmer Animation Labs.

I have taken a break from the industry for about 7 months now and I doing a lot of teaching at the local ymca in a technology lab I have built. We have done a few 3dmodeling classes but my students would like to move onto Animation, naturally Blender seemed like a good step.

Here is more about me
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3406663/

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,334028/

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jentzen-mooney/1/42b/554

What do I want to see here?
I am not really sure, I assumed that this list was support group for people teaching blender.
But after I learning more about the foundations and blenders goals, I would like to see what I can take my experiences and help the foundation from an education perspective.

What do I do with Blender?
Currently I am learning all the sections of blender, reading the manual and the sdk
In the spring 2012 and summer 2012 teach bender at the ymca in walla walla wa.