[Bf-education] Blender Certification

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Tue Mar 22 20:33:20 CET 2011

Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may be a huge resource hog but it also can be a huge money maker for the
> BF!

Ton knows more about this than I do, but my understanding is that the Blender
Foundation isn't currently hurting for funds at the moment... so it has the
luxury of making decisions that aren't necessarily driven by the lack or
presence of cash. Furthermore, this starts sounding a lot like a commercial
enterprise and I'm not sure that's a direction that the Foundation wants to
move in. That said, this is merely my understanding of the situation, so at
least on the financial end, we'll have to wait on someone more knowledgeable.

  -Jason