[Bf-education] Blender world user map - can you help/participate

dt dtowey at davidtowey.com
Tue Mar 1 10:58:48 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a Blender World User Map up and running and wondering
if you would be able to help by participating and promoting.

The following has been presented as a lead story to Blender nation, but
i don't know if they'll pick it up

=========

The Worldwide Blender Users Map is available for population.
There are three ways to enter your details (name_tag, town, country)
     1. You can enter your location and name tag by replying to this
        message, and i'll pop it up on the map,
     2. or you can head over to Blender artists thread at
        Blender Artists thread
or you can go directly to the map
http://goo.gl/maps/ABsq
and enter your details as per the isntructions below.
The instructions are
1) log in to gmail / google account / etc
2) view the map http://goo.gl/maps/IRTi
3) a button will appear in the top right of the left info panel, above
the list of names, labelled Edit.
4) after clicking that, three extra icons appear at the top left of the
map window, click the blue placemark tab - place it - enter details -
click ok.

There has been great response so far and I'm sure the Blender community
can make this great.

My own personal objective is to locate people in my area (Sydney,
Australia) and every 2nd Wednesday go to a different part of Sydney (N,
S, W, and central) and attend/establish a Blender User Group Hub. I'm
hoping a minimum of 5 per area could make it work,

The other reason is it would be really cool to get a population count of
blender users around the different parts of the world.

Hope you can help
david