[Bf-education] Organizing / suporting education

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:27:59 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Laurent David <laurent at tdm.info> wrote:
> Sorry... We need to create the exam behind closed door.. If not it is not an
> exam...
>
> On 17 Dec 2011 09:43, "Knapp" <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Exams, unless practical exams, as cannot be Open Sourced as they will
>> loose
>> their "meaningfulnes...
>
> What do you mean by this?
>

> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
> with open...

I have to disagree with this. If the people taking a test know what
will be on it, then they must learn what comes on the test. You could
memories all the answers but what is the point? If you know the
answers, you know blender. Also it would be really easy to do a
multiple choice computer based test that selects random questions from
a database of possible questions and possible false answers. If you
know all the answers to all the 1000 questions in the database then
you know blender or at least have done a hell of a lot of work to pass
a test without knowing blender which just does not make sense.

If only 10 people make 100 good questions than an a database of 1000
questions is really not that much work. Each question could be tagged
as to subject and blender version that it comes out of. Updating this
database or any test will be a lot of work. On the other hand a lot of
blender almost never changes.

In my UNI one of the hardest test were done my a teacher that only
asked 25 multiple choice questions and gave out the subject of each
question 2 weeks before the test. Many students laughed at him until
they saw the test before them!

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!