[Bf-education] Organizing / suporting education

Baptiste G bapsite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:28:54 CET 2011

Hello everybody :-)

I am also interested in participating on setting up certification and
uniform educational tools.
I believe that Blender is an amazing software-app, with great features out
of the box.
However, there is a need to make a uniform educational package, so people
in Brazil learn the same things as people in Russia :-).

I believe that in the first stage we need to break down the software in to
bundles, keeping in mind that these bundles all togheter make an end result.

Just thinking out loud:

example:
1. layout screen
2. navigation in 3d
3. modelling:
adding meshes
basics
grab, scale, extrude, spin, screw
modifiers
mirror, decimate, shrinkwrap ...
box modelling
edge loop
loop cut
etc
poly modelling
and so on
Curve
bezier
NURBS!!
Surfaces!!
4. lighting
different types of light ( spot, halo, sun )
shadows
light setups
and so on, and so on

There should also be 3 levels, from beginner, to intermediate, to expert

a beginner knows nothing, but when he gets trough al the beginner chapters
he is intermediate. When he starts with the intermediate chapters, there is
a referencing back to the intermediate ( stuff they already know ) and
builds on that. After intermediate comes expert, and again building on the
already based knowledge.

In that way teachers could organise an beginner class, an intermediate, and
an expert, always building on top of each other.
Also student can learn the thing they want,

For example: I want to be a 3-modeller

I can follow
navigation and layout
modelling => beginner, intermediate, expert
lighting => beginner
etc=>

Or I want to be a lighting expert
navigation and layout
modelling => beginner
Lighting => beginner, intermediate, expert
compositing => beginner

Or I want to be a animator
navigation and layout
Armatures => beginner, intermediate, expert
NLA => beginner, intermediate, expert

Suggestions, improvement, comments are al welcome, but we need to chunk
down and organize the different parts, flowing into each other ...

I would really want to help laying out the guidelines, and getting this
very wel organized

So keep me posted on how I can help.