[Bf-education] Start Open Movie Projects

Ernesto Del Valle cecilff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:07:05 CET 2011

Mainly the fact that we had to keep learning about stuff that we where not
able to cover on the workshops. That took a lot of time, and the trail and
error that comes from lack of experience. The learning factor was a
secondary goal in the project, but it kind of became one of the keystones
of the project and something that was not really scheduled.
As an example; we covered UV unwrapping basics on the workshops but we
didn't know how to properly set up a complete character's UV layout,
without too much stretching or unnecessary cuts.
I guess that, for a company production we should focus on working with
experienced artists, and for training, a more learning dedicated schedule
should be used. That's why we want to make a second project that can be
focused on the learning process, maybe start an institute which program
could be based on such learning-focused productions.