[Bf-education] Looking for Blender Artists

Omid Mo'menzadeh omid.smartgu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:45:59 CEST 2011

On 08/25/2011 08:27 AM, Jamie Le Rossignol wrote:
> Doesn't Blender have Maya presets?
> How close to Maya are they? It maybe that they are close enough to
> transition these people over to Blender.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> On 24 August 2011 20:37, Omid Momenzadeh <omid.smartgu at gmail.com
> <mailto:omid.smartgu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity and time to teach people
>     for this project. I have started teaching Blender to newbies, but it
>     takes time to get them in work.
>     You know we have finished the preproduction of the project, and you
>     can have a look at our timeline  here
>     :http://www.tinabpixel.com/images/stories/timeline.jpg
>     We had enough people using Maya, but we suddenly lost most of them by
>     accident. So I thought it's the best time to find people using Blender
>     and change the team's software, as others now agree on doing so.
>     Working online is a bit difficult, but not that much. But we have the
>     experience and we know how to work online so no problem occurs.
>     Thanks,
>     Omid

You know, just the navigation and selections are like Maya. Nothing More.
What we are mostly in need of now, are riggers and animators. We have
found modellers. If we find riggers and animators, then we will have
time to find people for rendering, cloth sim, and compositing.(Someone
has promised for the compositing stuff, so we will only need a cloth
simulator and renderguy.)
Thanks,
Omid