[Bf-education] LCD Projectors and wide monitors

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 14:40:06 CEST 2010

this is where pixel ratio comes in and why we have it. You have the same issue when modeling on your square pixel monitor and then outputing to a TV that has stretched pixels.

if your object "looks" good on your monitors when rendered with a pixel ratio of 1:1, , note that your monitor 1140/768 is a 1.48 ratio. Your LCD panel has a 1.33 ratio (800/600). so, a square on your monitor will look taller on the LCD screen. So, when you render your video for playback on the LCD screen, set your pixel aspect ratio to be 148:133 and a square on your monitor should be played square on your LCD screen (and if you view that video on your monitor, the square should be squashed).

not having done this in forever, I may have my numbers reversed :) i.e. you may have to enter pixel ratio as 133:148 and such.

When you figure it out, the wiki tutorials page could use a new addition with what you have found out!
--Roger