[Bf-education] Blender Action!

Igor Križanovskij krizanovskij at siol.net
Wed Feb 24 16:16:06 CET 2010

Hi all,

I'll write in English, because I'll post this also on Blender Education
mailing list where is a good manner to write in English of course.

Woohoo! What an exciting experience again! To present the new Blender
2.5 and the funky international Blender community in the popular
multimedia place (kiberpipa.org) here in Ljubljana, Slovenia was really
exciting and full of adrenaline, well at least for me! :)

Announcement of that happening was also in a local newspaper
(zurnal24.si) which publish around 100.000 copies per issue. Dang, now I
know that talk for one hour to such a numerous public ain't walk in a
park! Yeah, I was also lucky, they didn't come all who read about it! :]

Anyway, I made a short Blender 2.5 interface video preview and compose a
soundtrack for it. At that time here was also a mask carnival, so I
decided that I will put on a different name instead of a mask. Yeah, I
believe Blender is an ultimate multimedia tool, so I came on a stage in
a second part of projected video and performed a live 'video karakoe'
while I've been playing on my little unplugged synth! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o55BxT0NNz0

So far so good, it was fun, but I've learned an important lesson after:
If you expect an interaction with a public, make an exact plan for that
to happen! With an improvisation you can easy become a one man
Hollywood, and we all know that are people not used to be interactive
with... :]

Place was full of people and some of them even stood behind the sits.
One hour passed quite fast for me. Yeah, I can talk about the Blender
for days if needed (ha, actually I will soon)! The main complain about
my speech that I heard so far was that I said too many times how good
and double mega awesome Blender is. OK, if that was really my main issue
(psst, I know it wasn't:) then will be next at least one ten times
better for sure! \o/

Well, I'm also happy that was this 'tutorial' published in Zbrush and
XSI forums with an amusing comments, although now they are more careful
what they write after they noticed that I sneaky implement a public
feedback into a video! :)

And now something completely different!

As I mentioned before I'll talk about the Blender for days, so here wii
go, with another Blender course/workshop & multimedia cook mix stretched
across 8 weeks!

http://wiki.ljudmila.org/index.php/Blender_za_začetnike_in_nadaljevalni

This time have attendants a different knowledge base about the Blender
and 3D in general. Some are CAD tools experts, others already passed a
basic level of Blender use, and there are also some beginners. What a
cool mix! & that I call the challenge! \o/

I'm happy and proud to say that is this course filled to the last seat
and there is even a waiting queue behind! So, I believe that we'll have
a good time again!

To make this challenge bigger and even more interesting we'll put many
projects on a new SVN model track on ljudmila.org. Beside learning
projects of attendants there will be also other projects, like double
mega ultra cool project - Frida V on example:

http://fridav.ljudmila.org/wiki/Design_process

Or exploration of the huge and complex subatomic and meta worlds of
another super double mega interesting project - Greed:

http://greed.gled.org/greeddemo.html

And many more! Maybe we'll even manage to transpose all that into
another Blender Institute!? Ha, btw, for this new Blender Institute are
beautiful secretary and cook positions already filled, so you must
agree, that's more than a good reason to really start a new one! :]

And finally, for all those who will tomorrow attend on a Blender
advanced course, please think about the project that you would like to
work on. Of course you can choose a simple empty box or a new complex
solar system for a goal, but remember, you are the one who will have to
make it, I will be there just to assist you when needed! :)

Thank you all and see you soon,

Cheers!

~Igor~

P.S., Whoops, I almost forgot to say: Blender is double mega super
awesome! -)