[Bf-education] Blender 3D Animation Production Group NY

Jeff Hipolito jeffh at mongrelfx.com
Wed Apr 21 07:00:32 CEST 2010

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to inform you that I've been organizing a meetup group in
NY.  Since I posted about it on blendernation about a week ago, we have
spiked from 40 members to over 60.
We will be holding our 5th meetup and 1st workshop on May 8th.  Details
can be found at this link:

http://www.meetup.com/Blender-3D-Animation-Production-Group/calendar/13244793/?from=list&offset=0

Basically, I would like to ask the Blender Foundation to be our
"official sponsor" so I can place the Blender Logo under our Official
Sponsor's list of the meetup group that I organize.
We aren't asking for any money...  8)  Only for the honor of being an
"official" user group... if one can be called "official."
I believe that if I put the Blender Foundation as our official sponsor,
that it will make the members more active in participating, and
hopefully attract more members.

We are also looking for special guest speakers in the Blender
community.  If anyone is going to be traveling in the NY area, please
let me know and we will be glad to have you be a guest speaker to show
and promote your current projects at one of our meetups.

On another note, this past weekend I spoke at a panel regarding "The
Digital Revolution" at the Indie Film Finance and Production Conference
here in NYC.
I spoke about how Blender is empowering the people form low-budget to
no-budget productions whereby they are able to create some quality
content with the tools provided within the program.  Suffice it to say
that there is great interest in Blender from the independent film community.

Cheers

--
Jeff Hipolito
Mongrel FX LLC